The goal of the two's class is to provide a safe, loving and caring atmosphere for the children and to share the love of Jesus, while they are learning to socialize and build confidence in a classroom environment.
- Become comfortable in a new setting with other children
- Develop trust of other adults
- Follow simple rules and directions by teachers
- Develop listening skills, small and large motor skills
- Develop social and emotional needs
- Learn to play and share with other children their age
- Learn to sit quietly and still during circle time.
- Reading aloud to children helps to develop receptive language and lays the foundation for literacy
- Attend Chapel weekly to reinforce our Christian values and pray
- Attend music weekly
- Spanish class weekly to introduce the beginning basics of Spanish and culture
- Children learn through play, songs, art and reading
- Explore and create with different art media (crayons, paint, Play-doh)
- Daily circle time activities include monthly shape, color, nursery rhymes, Bible verses, story time, weather, music and prayer.
- Provide a monthly calendar to parents regarding classroom events/activities in addition to the monthly Preschool newsletter entitles
- Child Prints sent via email regarding Preschool current events and information
- If a child attends Thursdays and Fridays only, music and Bible stories will be offered in the classroom.
9:00--Arrival, Greeting, Free Play and Teacher Guided Small Motor Skill Activities
9:00-9:20--Free Play, Diaper and Potty Time, Morning Prayer
9:20-9:35---Special Activities (Music/Spanish)
9:40-10:20--Outside or Gymnasium Play
10:10-11:00--Wash Hands, Blessing, Snack
11:00-11:30--Free Play, Diaper and Potty Time
11:30-12:00--Arts and Crafts, Circle Time
We play outside if the temperature is 40'F or above, not rainy or damp.